Thursday, February 23, 2006

Cow Parade

Yesterday we took some time for culture and family. There is nothing quite like seeing an art museum through the eyes of a toddler. Reece thought it was the neatest thing, at first asking what every piece of art was. I learned that rather than answering him I would ask him what he thought it was and we got some interesting insights!

Then it was on to the Cow Parade on display on Reforma (a main street here in Mexico City). I didn't know that this was an art display that has been on exhibition around the world, but apparently it is! Reece was amazed at the many large cows (and we didn't walk past them all) that were brightly painted each in its own unique way. I am not sure how many there were in total but surely over 50. I thought it was cool too - and began taking pictures of Reece by each cow as we walked along. Chase made it into a few early pics but Benjy wasn't exactly in agreement with my picture taking idea and simply stated that as long as we kept up to him and Chase, we could take all the pictures we wanted! Reece raced from one cow to the next, offering hugs or pats to each one. Here are a few cow pictures for your a-moooooos-ment (sorry, I couldn't help it!) Just click on the picture for a larger view.

  Posted by Picasa

No comments: