Wednesday, August 19, 2009

On Our Way

Well, due to a heavy schedule of activity, I have failed to keep up with blogging about our crazy and fun filled summer. Perhaps the updates may begin filling the screen in September. Today, I am up packing and organizing suitcases for the beginnings of our journey back to Mexico. As I often do, I have mixed emotions...that sad feeling of leaving the comfort of family time and being with those here we love so much and yet the readiness to return to routine and no more suitcases. Our kids have been through their fair share of sleeping arrangements and travels...and have done quite well. We have good boys if I do say so myself :) We have had such a good time reconnecting with family, friends, and our partnering church in Louisville. "Good-byes" have had to become a regular part of our lives...and aren't always easy...but we are thankful for the time spent with everyone along the way. So the drive back through Texas, across the border, and south to Mexico City will be filled with lots of different feelings. I am thankful for my life and am interested to see how God will work in and around us this year. It is exciting to think about settling back into life, and routine, and school, and relationships, and ministry. The boys return to school this next week - Reece his first day of 1st grade on Monday. Chase his first day of Kindergarten on Tuesday. We will be moving to a new apartment by the end of the month so there will be a few busy days ahead before all this "settling" truly begins. We are looking forward to meeting our new baby - that time will be here sooner than we realize. And, so there surely is no shortage in the things that can occupy my mind and heart in these next days as we are "on the road again"! If this trip is going to happen I guess I had better get back to packing....

2 comments:

Sam and Ann Gonzalez said...

yeah, mixed emotions...Walk through all of them. Looking forward to having you back in Mexico, and yes, we're going to the retreat. Tell me you guys are also?! Moving?! an apartment?! What's up with that? Looking forward to hearing all about it. Blessings, and safe trip home.

Devin said...

Wow....so much going on!

I am praying for safety as you travel, and that everything going on in the next several weeks goes smoothly.

Also, I wanted to tell you thanks for your encouragement Monday--I am starting to feel better about things, and I really do think that once we get settled into a 'routine' of sorts, everything will be fine. My pastor always says that you 'raise a child to leave your house' and I guess this would certainly be one of the first steps! Thank you for encouraging and praying for me!