Sunday, August 31, 2008

Quick beach get away

This was few weeks ago...

So after a busy summer, we stole a few days to have some family time....at the beach. Mimi (Benjy's Mom) even joined us!! What a treat. We wanted to do something special before the school routine began. Acapulco is less than 4 hours away so it was a nice little spot to relax without having to drive too far. And relax we did. We found a great hotel that was IDEAL for the boys because the swimming pool was so kid friendly. I had never seen anything like it. And since Reece had just finished swimming lessons, he loved the water. The first day I think we spent 7 hours in or by (which means "in" when you have 3 kids under 5!) the pool. We just relaxed and played and had so much fun. I didn't read a book like I had planned - who am I kidding??!! (again, by a pool with 3 kids under 5!) The timing was perfect for Reece's confidence level in the water. he really advanced! Chase was a maniac - he had spent 3 weeks watching big brother take swimming lessons.....and these two brothers aren't short on a healthy dose of competition! If Reece can swim with a floatie...so can I (well, sort of - Chase must have drank half of the pool that first day b/c he peed the bed that night and never does that!)....if Reece can put his head under the water....so can I (back to drinking half the pool).....if Reece can....you get the picture! And Pierce wasn't much different - he wanted to jump in off of the edge without us catching him - he would try to scoot away from our arms.

I am thankful we got to relax and laugh and enjoy each other so much. What a great time we had!

I am going to post some of my favorite pics from the many I took on this trip (in no particular order) - I should have put them in a slideshow but I don't wanna take the time...so scroll down and enjoy!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

Betsy@Living in the Moment said...

Makes me miss you guys so much! Great pictures. Love you!

Ann said...

I'm glad I'm not the only idealist that still takes a book to the beach. Haven't read one at the beach in years, but I keep taking it. One day...Glad you guys had a fun time at the beach before school started. We did the same, but went to Phyllis' place for a few days. It was fun, but a little tougher with 4 little ones than I had expected. Blessings!