Friday, August 15, 2008

From Casa #7 to Casa #32

I just wanted to let all of you know that the next time you pop in for a visit, we will be in Casa #32 instead of #7! Today is the final day of our adventure in this home. We began the "moving" process yesterday and made quite a bit of progress, thanks to many friends - especially the AIM students! The distance between houses is about half a block so we are using arms and legs to move it all instead of a moving truck! In an effort to reinforce the concept of "family as a team" I put the 2 older boy to work - with the help of their little wagon for the bigger stuff. As a result, I got some of the biggest smiles from them....

Reece - pushing his Little Tikes picnic table - by himself. He returns to the house with the greatest look of accomplishment and says, "whew - that was tough work. One of our neighbors came and asked me if I wanted some help, but I told her, "no thanks"....because, Mom, she was a really short lady!" :)

Chase - I assigned him the task of carrying the little kitchen stools over - one by one. I got the greatest giggle out of watching him from the kitchen window. He would get about three steps, set it down, and rest on it...then take about three more. We are talking slow progress. Apparently, he doesn't have as much pride because he was quick to surrender to the help offered by the same neighbor lady!

We spent some good time last night, remembering all the memories from this home. I am amazed at what kids can remember!!! We've had lots of firsts here, made lots of new friends, and shared important family moments together behind these walls. We thanked God together for what He has brought us through in this place - both good and bad.

Well, I better get moving! Lots yet to do in this day! But please, come and visit....we would love to have you!

I am a bit behind on posting some great pics of recent weeks, including Pierce's first haircut and our family get-away to the beach. Please stay tuned.....now we await new internet service so no promises of when all of that will come together here in Mexico!

1 comment:

Toni Burns said...

Hey Care, I feel like it has been forever. I would love to catch up with you soon. I want to talk to you about the retreat. Are you guys planning on going? How is the new house?
I need to get Abigail to school. Lets try and catch up sometime this week. Love ya