Monday, October 08, 2007

Thankfulness & New Discoveries

Today is Canadian Thanksgiving and I have spent time this morning reflecting and meditating on the goodness in my life. I am thankful. Really. I try to be thankful every day but when you know that it is labelled as an official day, you can't help but emphasis it a little more. I missed being together with all of my family today - eating good food and sharing time together.

It was also an important day for another reason. Reece's school celebrated Christopher Columbus and his discoveries today with a little program put on my his classroom. Reece was asked to play the role of "the" man himself. We were more than a little unsure as to how it would all turn out as he is defining the idea of timid these days. As parents we spent the weekend trying to find the ever delicate balance of not putting too much focus yet motivating him about dressing up and performing his role. I personally think it all came together when I explained to him that I'd give him an exra "prop" in his uniform - his own telescope he could carry and if he'd like to could peer through it into the audience to find his little brothers watching him. Well, in the end he didn't do any "peering" but he was a brave little Columbus who made his own discovery today - he did well and played his role perfectly - stepping forward at the right time and everything. We are very proud of him! I think he looked pretty handsome too!




1 comment:

Israel & Nelly Molina said...

Hola Carolyn!!

Se ve muy guapo Reece como Cristobal, y es increible cómo hiciste lo de encaje enfrente!!!
Muy Padre!!!
tqm
nELLY