Thursday, October 04, 2007

Sleep



This is not an image I see very often anymore during the day. At first, when Chase began to fight his afternoon naps, I wanted to fight back....and I did fight back. I just wasn't ready! Look at how sweet he looks and how nice it was for me to have that little break in the day. But experience is a great teacher and we soon learned that when Chaser naps in the afternoon - he does NOT fall asleep easily at bedtime. He is just a kid who doesn't seem to need much sleep. So adding an hour or two nap was not helping anyone in the long run - his little feet would make their way down the stairs numerous times (for more water, another kiss or hug, a chance to say "I love you" just once more)... and it became late into the evening before he would finally fall asleep. So, now we are in that "transtioning out of naps" stage. Where has the time gone that my little Chase isn't napping - he is growing up quickly! Most days he falls asleep a lot easier at bedtime. Yay! And I am learning that it is actually better for me too - normally all three boys are sound asleep by 8:30 or 8:45 and there is a little bit of evening left in the day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love our little Chaser. He always makes me smile! Alright now Care I did your 8 things challenge and you haven't read it yet! Also eagerly anticipating your translation. Please tell your Mom (or maybe she will read this) Thank you so much for the congrats and the prayers on Kate's behalf.
Love you!
Bets

Kristi said...

Hi Care,
yeah, I was thinking the other day and couldn't believe he'll be three in December. that doesn't seem right.
Miss and Love you,
Kristi

Anonymous said...

What a sweet picture of Chase. He is totally hugable
It is really hard to believe that he is coming 3.
Love you guys. Take care and enjoy your new place. Hope I will be able to come and see it some time.
God bless.
Mom