Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mother's Day

First and foremost - I send out love and gratitude to my own mom - for giving me life, teaching me about love, faith, and strength. You are an amazing woman. I love you Mom.

And, also, love and appreciation to my mother in law. Thank you for giving life to the greatest man I know and shaping him into who he is. Thank you also for the love and acceptance you have given me. I love you Mary Beth.

My day has been great! Let me review it - starting with these past few moments and on to the morning. Both boys are tucked in, and probably close to sleeping. I loved hearing their laughter tonight as they played together. When they are really playing hard - their laughter is so full. It is contagious. I love it. I am thankful for each of them today - for their lives that have allowed me to enter the world of motherhood. What a beautiful experience it has been....with a lifetime more to learn, enjoy and experience ahead of me. I love you Reece. I love you Chase.

 

We enjoyed a nice dinner in a a great atmosphere...live instrumental music. A resteraunt that is in a restored church (I think). Good food. Great dessert - always a big thing for me! Excellant company! The kids were so well behaved - a gift in itself when taking 2 toddlers out to eat - and considering they had missed their naps! They loved the music too. We took a family picture to remember the day.

 

We also had a good morning and afternoon with our Christian family.

And this morning I was awoken by the giggles of my children as they helped Benjy deliver me breakfast in bed...although most of my food was gobbled up by hungry little Chase, I enjoyed the thoughtfulness...and the homemade card of course! The big suprise was also presented to me today! Had the secret not been leaked (see previous post about suprises), I would have been blown away! As requested, Benjy played it all out as he had originally intended and as the picture below shows...on the dessert plate...my suprise!!!!!

 

I was still blown away at the gift and the kind words from my husband that explained the "why" he chose a new and quality camera for me. I am really excited and very, very thankful! I think it has been proven that a camera in my hands gets put to good use. Thank you so much. I love you Benjy!

Oh...and since I am on a roll, I want to say thanks to all of the other people that walk in the role of Mom and who influence who I am as a Mom to my kids by their example, their encouragement, sharing experiences and ideas together. I feel like my kids are blessed - either directly, or indirectly from our conversations in the great topic of "parenting". I will be the first to say that we have a very important role in this life and that we need each other!

Happy Mother's Day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SWEET MEMORIES!!! You have so many and are making new ones every day! And hey... I'm thankful for the camera you received, because it's my eye to see your lives in Mexico... to watch your family grow... to catch a glimpse of the beauty you see...

And you are a part of that beauty, friend!

Love,
Ang

Anonymous said...

It's me again...

I HATE that our time in Abilene didn't overlap! Bummer! I hope things are going well and you're just enjoying time with your mom & haven't had time to post. I'm just now getting back into the blog scene myself from being gone awhile.

Just know that you are missed...

Looking forward to hearing from you when time allows!

Love,
Angie