Monday, April 17, 2006

Celebrating Reece's Life!

Our busy weekend included a very special birthday celebration for Reece's 3rd birthday! We had a small party since many Mexican friends were out of town for Easter vacation. We were thrilled to have a last minute weekend visit from Auntie Betsy! And we partied with a ZOO theme and set up a splash pool in the backyard, played safari games and of course, had a pinata! Reece was more than excited about this birthday and I can't count how many times since that he has already said - "but, I am 3 now!" He helped design the "mixed up zoo animal cake" and especially enjoyed the game of stealing zoo tails from his friends. I, of course, enjoyed the day too -and had a few quiet moments of sentimentality as I watched him. As I always try to do, I watched a bit of home video of Reece and was filled with gratitude for the child he is! The pictures below will show how much he has changed and grown in the last 3 years. He is such a huge blessing to our lives - and I praise God for his life, his health, his personality and boyishness...and the relationship we share with him.

 "I'm 3!"

 "Auntie Betsy came just for me!"

 "My liongiraffezebraelephanttiger cake"

  "My friends and I getting ready to play our zoo tail game"

 "Taking a whack"

 "Cooling off in the pool"

 "A happy family that feels pretty blessed!"

A look back at time - lots of growing has gone on!

 Reece is born!
 Reece turns 1! Posted by Picasa
 Reece turns 2!

 And...Reece turns 3!

2 comments:

Char said...

WOW !!! WHAT A CAKE!!! LOOKS LIKE YOU HAD A FUN DAY, REECE!!

LOVE AUNTIE CHAR!!!

Erna Wiebe said...

Reece: What a big boy you are already. Care, you have done a super job with all your cake making. Your boys will always remember what a super mom they have who put such work into making their special day more special.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY - REECE.
Love,
Grandma