Thursday, August 25, 2005

Where Is My Trust?

Well, it has been a long time since I have posted an entry here. But I am excited to say that good things have been happening around here. We recently attended a seminar that has really renewed and refocused us in our ministry. Yes, it dealt with mission strategy and all of that good stuff - but it made more of an impact on us in a personal way (when I say "us" - I do mean Benjy and I - but I also think it applies to our mission team in general). The seminar was about organic church planting and the simplicity of God reproducing growth in His Kingdom. I took numerous concepts away from it that, although maybe not necessarily new, they were very impressive again. First of all, God cannot provide growth if the seed hasn't been planted. That is our responsibility as disciples of Him. I believe we will be more intentional in scattering the seed. Also, God's Word is powerful and it transforms lives! I was challenged to evaluate my own level of faith in this basic truth. Do I trust that? I mean, do I really trust that God's Word - not the emphasis on how God's Word is presented - simply God's Word is alive and active and can change people's lives!? How awesome that is. I feel more called to be an instrument that points people towards God's Word and encourages others to love it more and more! I am challenged to read it more and allow it to transform me. And to put my trust in God to do the work here in Mexico City - and not us! Oh, and there are lots of other Kingdom principles that we were reminded of and challenged to live out. Prayer, nurturing relationships, mission, more faith, vision, mentoring, making disciples, etc.. etc.. I have been blessed to see my own husband take huge steps of faith and be a part of the work here with a new zeal and energy. We are seeing people grow in their love for Christ and the excitement is catching. Praise God for using us - even in all of our weakness and ignorance. How humbling!!!

No comments: