Sunday, June 15, 2008

Today...

It has been awhile since I posted....and tonight is probably NOT the night to even think about it. I am emotional and tired. All that that doesn't make for very "sane" writing. Has it ever happened to you that an innocent gesture intended to be a sweet thought for someone else really backfires? Like really backfires? Ya. Anyway.....

So it is Father's Day. I am thankful for the most important man in my life who walks beside me to raise our 3 blessings. He is strong, he is protective. He loves his kids so much and is involved - fully involved - in the raising of them. He is helpful and fun and my kids see him as their hero. No one stands stronger or better in their eyes than their Daddy. I love that. I appreciate him for all the little ways he joins me in taking care of their many needs. When he can't be home for a meal it just doesn't seem "right". Daddy's bedtime stories always seem to be the ones that are remembered and requested. Daddy always gets the pictures or paintings to stick in his office. Thanks Benjy - you know that you are making the biggest difference in the lives of these three boys...and to me, their Mom, I couldn't ask for you to influence anyone more than them. Thank you. I love you.

And, as I think of my own Dad tonight, I miss him. I wish I could give him a call and talk to him - hear his voice - his funny, dry humor. It has been too long. He was a good man....and remains that way in my memory. I love you Dad.

5 comments:

Kristi said...

I wish we could hang out. Benjy is a great dad and was also so sweet to my girls. I remember how much he held Maddi, even when you had "little" Reecer.
Love you guys,
Kristi

Unknown said...

Hope your 'today' is better.
-Lucy

Betsy@Living in the Moment said...

Care
Thought about you guys yesterday. Hope things are ok. I'm terrible about returning calls but I will!
Love you!
Bets

Betsy@Living in the Moment said...

Oh and by the way yes! Ihave had something like that backfire. It's very frustrating and confusing!

Toni Burns said...

Care, would love to hear about how your group went. Our group got here last night and is going great. We will need to catch up soon. Love you lots -