Saturday, May 10, 2008

A Tribute to Motherhood

I feel very, very blessed and honored to be able to experience this unique and amazing journey of motherhood. Although I always knew I wanted children, I had no idea of the depth of love, grace and responsibility that I would feel in this role. It is hard, it is constant, it is beautiful. It requires all of you and yet it so quickly and naturally steals your whole heart from that first moment I realized I had a new life within me. It is humbling, and requires selflessness, and patience, and sacrifice. It requires you to apologize, regroup and try again. It is up and down, good days and bad ones - every moment is most certainly not precious and glorious. It forces you to face yourself, to face failure, and uncertainty, and worry, and frustrations. And it most definitely calls out loudly for you to depend on the Father for wisdom and energy and guidance. It is so worth it!! I love my children in a way that I can't explain with words. I have moments when I catch a quick glimpse of them - a look they give or a certain laugh or expression and I am absolutely amazed that they came from us. That Benjy and I created them and they resemble aspects of our looks and personalities (not always a good thing!) I love the gift God gave us by allowing us to be a part of creating another life. How amazing. I have never felt more beautiful, in every way, than I felt after each of my children where born - even after the sweat and pain of labor. Another life created by God. I have been changed and shaped and made over into a better woman because of my children. I love God for giving me this precious gift of motherhood - and for my precious children that call me "Mommy". Happy Mother's Day to me!!! I put these pictures together to remind me of how precious life is with my little ones. The song is special to Benjy and I and the pictures flood my heart and fill my soul with a deep, yet simple goodness.



* special thanks to my sister-in-law, Betsy, who encouraged me to make this video and told me about this program. Thanks Bets!

7 comments:

Ann said...

What a beautiful video! I loved watching it this morning after a busy weekend. Thanks for the reminder of how amazing and beautiful being a mother truly is. Love you guys!

Betsy@Living in the Moment said...

Beautiful! Precious! You are such an inspiration to me as a Mom. So glad you are traveling this journey with me. Your boys are so special to me also. Love you
bets

Amanda said...

Hi Carolyn... I wandered over here from your comment on Bring the Rain. That video and song were so beautiful! This makes me look forward to being a mother some day that much more... thank you :)Happy Belated Mother's Day!

Timbra said...

this was SOOO sweet, tears came to my eyes. you are an awesome mom! congrats on all your beautiful babies!

Kristi said...

Hey Care,
I don't even know what to say. That is such a heart warming video. What got me the most were the pictures of you and the babies right after birth and recognizing that full smile of yours that is somewhere between soo happy and about to cry. You are such and example to me and I miss you and all your strength as a woman and a mom.
I love you,
Kristi

lucik said...

Hi Careka,
I just can't see anything right now (my eyes are full of tears :-). Thank you for reminding me how fragile life is and that we should never forget to appreciate every moment we are given. I will always thank God for sending you my way back in Kosice. I wish our kids could meet someday I am sure they would make a great team 1 :-) God bless you. Lucia

Unknown said...

Wow. I finally have been able to watch your video you told me about! Like many other's have commented, I have tears in my eyes! That was precious. And, I must say I am a bit jealous, b/c you looked so good after giving birth!
What a sweet tribute to your motherhood! It encourages me as a mom. We want to have another one, but sometimes I get scared that I won't have the energy to do it. I love how you make it seem so easy and so much fun. It helps me remember to enjoy every minute!
-Lucy