Thursday, March 06, 2008

Ladies Morning Out

We decided that us women needed some fun time together and so the planning began... We began to talk about going out for breakfast and heading to the movies while the kids were in school. The inviting began and, I must say, I thought the reponses were so entertaining. Every friend or neighbor I spoke to had this look of - are you serious, of course I am coming! I think that it is a much needed thing for all of us as Mom's...but maybe especially moreso for Mexican women. They generally stay tied to their domestic duties quite tightly and it almost seemed like they needed the invite from someone outside of their own culture to even consider doing something like this!! I wish you could have seen their excitement - it was like a group of little schoolgirls! 14 of us enjoyed a great chick flick "P.S. I Love You" I cried some good tears and had a great time. Please pray that God might use this little idea to create some new relationships amongst Mexican women and that in His timing God might create a hunger for spiritual things amongst this group.

1 comment:

Ann said...

That sounds like so much fun! You are right about women needing to get out. We had breakfast with our cell group women, and it is now a monthly thing, apparently. We all enjoyed the time. I'll have to suggest a movie next time! Love you guys,
Ann