Saturday, March 08, 2008

Cute Reece Story

A few months ago, our very good friends, Scott & Melissa Smith, gifted us their college car so that we could save on gas, wear & tear from Mexican streets, etc.. It has been a HUGE blessing to us and also to Reece! Reece LOVES this car and thinks it is the coolest thing in the world. The first time Benjy gave him a ride to school in it he said, "Daaaad, this car is AWESOME! This is gonna be my school car and you can use the van for work!" A few weeks later, I rode in the car with Reece. With extreme excitement he said to me, "Moooommmmm - you've never been in this car. Look at this! If you wanna roll the window down, look, look, you hafta turn this thing around and round!" (translation: there isn't power windows so it is the "old-fashioned" way!!!) It made me realize that maybe I am getting older when my little kid has never seen the things I grew up with as normal!

2 comments:

Betsy@Living in the Moment said...

That is great! Uncle Jared has a cool car like that!

Toni Burns said...

Love the story. Hey what is going on with scrapbooking plans? I am definately game and will help you with whatever planning help you might need. Let me know. Lets try to skype sometime this week. Did you hear about Tim (our supporter from Yukon?) check out my blog. Love you lots - Toni