Monday, November 05, 2007

Happy Halloween

We had a fun halloween. We invited our neighbors to carve pumpkins with us. They had never done it before and we sure had a lot of Mexican kids pass by trying to figure it all out! How funny - they decorate everything with pumpkin figures but thought it very odd that we carved the real thing. Reece and Chase loved getting their hands in there! Typical boys!




For school and for trick-or-treating here in our neighborhood - the boys went as pirates. We didn't want to buy costumes so we threw together what we had at home.....I think they look pretty cute - I mean, tough - if I do say so myself! The funniest was hearing them say "arrrgggggggg".




And, keeping with tradition, we did a family theme this year of "three blind mice"! The boys - especially Pierce were really cute. I doubt you can tell from the pic but Benjy was the "big cheese" and I, of course, was the farmers wife. I forgot to carry my carving knife but do have their tails in hand! I don't think I have laughed so hard in a long, long time. Chaser hung out with me all day as we finalized the costume. He began singing the "tree blind mice" song as he ran around the house. When we arrived at the party we had a long parking lot to walk down so we used it as his practice for being blind. His sunglasses were too big so he held them up with his finger and then used his white cane to feel his way all the way to the front door as he sang, "fwee bwind mice, fweee bwind mice" It was precious. We had a blast.


2 comments:

Su said...

Well, it took me a ridiculous amount of time to work out what you are holding in that picture! Let's see.. knife.. farmer's wife.. tails! I would say it's late, but truth is I am equally thick all times of day.

Timbra said...

well, the three blind mice are way too cute! we too went with a family themed halloween, though mike was trying to go out on his own and do something random, i had to keep pulling him back in "the game." anyway, love the family picture on benjy's bday! your family is adorable! wii3mcfamily.blogspot.com