Thursday, May 17, 2007

Maybe We Should Play the Lottery!

Reece's school was recently selling raffle tickets and I was presented with the request to "help out" as the other parents are. Well, I wasn't too interested but also am not really good at saying "no" so I said I would take 3 (I didn't have money on hand but they said I could pay later). I came home and mentioned it to Benjy. The next day Benjy came home with 5 more raffle tickets because he said the prizes were great - a flat screen monitor, a portable dvd player, and a karaoke machine (and he apparently wasn't listening very well to the fact that I already spoke for 3). OK - whatever. Then a few days later, we realize after actually looking at the tickets that the raffle is not only from the school but rather a nationwide raffle! We thought, ya right - forget it.......until they called me on Friday morning and said we were the thrid prize winners in the nationwide Mother's Day raffle!!!! Ha! What are the chances!!! I have never won anything and so was quite surprised. Unfortunately our prize wasn't the portable dvd player which we would have liked most....but does anyone wanna come over and karaoke!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations on the win. I'm not sure I want to use it but I would enjoy watching Cory and Benjy use it!! Hope you guys have a great trip to the states - I know you are going to have a great time with melissa and flee.

Trevor Seibel said...

Hi guys....hope everyone is doing well!