Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all of you Mom's out there...and most especially my own beautiful Mom and Mother-In-Law! Here is a little message from your grandsons.



Mom, you know how much I love and respect you. There is always the return of a very comfortable feeling when we get to be around each other...I love that. I always sense your unconditional love and a mother's pride from you - and I need that in my life. As I have often said before, I do thank you for my childhood - we all have very special childhood memories. Thank you for your example as a woman of faith that you have modelled for us, as your kids, and now to your grandchildren. I appreciate you for always making the effort to keep in touch and to express your love for me & my little family. You are wonderful and I love you.


Mothers's Day really has become a two sided thing for me. Yes, a chance to reflect on my Mom and other great women who have been examples to me but now, thanks to God's grace, a chance to realize what an honor it is to have children (not like I only do this once a year, but...)

As I think about the blessing of being a Mom, I have a pretty big smile on my face. To be honest, at this stage of the weekend I am also thinking how much the blessing of being a Mom coincides with the blessing of having a loving and helpful husband who likes being a Dad too (Benjy left early Friday morning to suprise his Mom in DC for her birthday and Mother's Day.....he gets back tomorrow - we have missed him and I have realized how much he does around here with the kids...wwhheewww). But, really - I love what it means to be a Mom. Yes, with three very young boys, life can be crazy - and it is best not to think too hard about the tremendous responsibility to raise your kids (that can be overwhelming!). But the night time wakings from bad dreams or a hungry baby, the constant request for snacks, the never ending laundry, lots of saying "no","be nice","share","say you're sorry", trying to be consistent with boundaries and discipline, and on and on don't matter much in comparison to looking into the eyes of your little ones and understanding that they are yours - something so incredibly significant that you were part of in creating. Their little precious lives and personalities are amazing and I really feel thankful that I have the opportunity to experience all of this thing called "being a Mom". My boys are very sweet and affectionate and I love each of them more than I ever imagined possible.

1 comment:

The Gearharts said...

Beautiful post from a beautiful mother.

We send our love and prayers. We are traveling back to the states today for a turn and burn. I am not sure if I can call it a turn and burn when it takes us 3 days to get there? It seems my younger brother is leaving for Iraq around the 20th. He will be working for a company contracted with the army to build things for them. We just really need to hug his neck. Amazing what we would do for family. I am so glad to be part of such a big one:)

We send our love
Amy G