Monday, November 28, 2005

Seven Years

Well, today is our 7th wedding anniversary. 7 years already. It is hard to believe!My house is quiet - the boys are napping...and I have a few moments to reflect on the blessings of my marriage. We have been through a lot of wonderful changes in our seven years together - from those first years of just us. Yes, the early years of our marriage were incredible - but God has a way of making things better with time, and our love for each other and our relationship is different than it was back then - but it is also richer and deeper. I love him so much more than I did then...and although we don't always act it - I think our relationship is just so much more mature....it makes me wonder what another 5 or 10 years will look like. Benjy is my best friend, my support, he makes me better...and we have so much fun together. He is the reason for my beautiful children. He has not only blessed me with a new and life-changing role as "mom" but I am blessed to enjoy his role as "dad" - we share in such an amazing job as we raise our children. Our marriage is blessed because of this unifying role of parenting and being a family together. I have seen growth and maturity in him as a man - and I love and respect him for who he is. We are going on a date tonight to celebrate "us" and I am sure we will renew our wedding vows again - as we try to do every year. I am reminded this afternoon that we - him and I - have much to celebrate in what God has given to us in each other. I know that I have not appreciated all the goodness of marriage every day for the past seven years...but I am thankful for times when all the good stuff does rise to the surface and deserves to be acknowledged. Thank you God for blessing me with the perfect man for me - thank You for how you have grown and deepened our relationship - please continue to do that, and please help me to honor, respect, and care for my husband. We give You our marriage, and our family. Thank You, Amen.

3 comments:

Deeapaulitan said...

Congratulations Carolyn! I found your blog when it popped up while I was logging in to my own. We celebrated our 17th anniversary on Saturday (26th) and we have 3 kids, & love God. I just wanted to say "Way to go!"
Deea :)

Erna Wiebe said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Carolyn and Benjy:
I hope and pray that you had another good day - a day to enjoy the blessings of a good marriage and two beautiful boys. My prayer for you is that you will continue to grow together in love for each other, but more than that, to love God and serve Him each day. I love you both - all 4 of you - very much. You have been an example to me in so many ways.
Father in Heaven, continue to bless this marriage and this family and watch over them, keeping them safe in this big city and continue to open doors for them and direct them to those whose hearts are willing to receive the Good News.
I love you,
MOM

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.