Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Hudson John Has Arrived...

If you have not yet heard.....

Hudson John was born to us on November 16th, 2009 - at 9:05 pm weighing 7 lbs 11 oz and measuring 21 1/4 inches long. He is perfect!!

Well, although I am one month late in announcing the arrival of our sweet little Hudson, I do so tonight with no less pride and joy! I cannot believe a month has passed since he entered our world with an adventurous bang! I will share his birth story (the edited version - ha,ha)....and other things about him fitting in and completing our gang...but truth be told - it has been a little difficult to find the time to sit in front of the computer and post about him. I tend to be a bit of a perfectionist...and I have so so so so so many amazing pictures - so I don't quite know where to start with the limited "free" time :) Hudson is keeping my arms full and my other boys too....as well as the many, many activities we have had going on since Hudson was born. I do intend to "catch up" someday but until then I can briefly say the following with true confidence....

* we already loved this little guy when he was in utero - but from the moment of seeing his face - we have all been pretty smitten! he is a handsome fella and has already proven to be pretty good at stealing hearts.

* even though it technically has not been that long since Pierce was a little one like this....and having 4 new babies in the span of 6 and a half years....it is strange how quick one forgets how FAST these little things can fly through diapers - crazy!

* love is certainly stronger than sleep - let's just say it like it is: Hudson isn't the greatest sleeper at night but seems to be very gifted at eating - often. this Momma is a little tired from his late night shinanigans - but when I hear his cry and roll (or drop) out of bed and look down at his face - love takes over and I feed him and talk to him and hold him close and realize how blessed I am to have him here. lots of reflecting in those wee hours of the morning. good stuff.

* having a new baby in the house brings out the sweetness in the older siblings....they love Hudson so much and I am amazed at how calm they are with him - even when he is crying...they hold him and don't panic when he is crying and take pride in being able to calm him down. they wanna hold him often (even tho they have been banned form him the last few days due to colds)

* having Hudson here has officially made us a "freak show" when we are out in public - yes, because he now makes a grand total of 4 blonde heads we have to count - but also because we have him out. and. he. is. so. little - not a very common thing in Mexico....and because I don't wrap him in four fleece blankets while the sun is beating down :)

* and let's just end this short list with thanks to all of you who have prayed for us as we have walked this journey of awaiting this child - God has answered our prayers for a healthy child - he is a beautiful gift that we have humbly enjoyed for the last month!

Keep checking back - I do intend to catch this thing up - including pictures you won't want to miss!

5 comments:

Stacey at Giggles and Glue Sticks said...

Hooray! Oh, this made my morning! Love, love, love everything you have to say about that sweet baby! You're such a great mother!

Devin said...

I loved this post Care! You can just feel through your words how much Hudson is loved, and how well he is taken care of. Makes me want to get this little girl here as fast as possible! :)

Praying for you each day, and I can't wait to see more pics when you have the time!

Unknown said...

Congrats! Loved reading this, even though late. I can't imagine having 4 little ones! In my books, a late poster means a great mother!
Enjoy all the special moments!
the McD's

Timbra Wiist said...

i hope in all your refusal to post unpolished posts, you are at least writing them. . . . i sometimes (often) write things that i never post, just to be sure i've got them down on virtual paper. . . .i'm sure there are so many wonderful moments with this new baby boy already! can't wait to see more of him!

Ashley L. @ Missionary Moms said...

Hello! Congratulations on your new bundle of joy! I wanted to stop by and invite you to join in on the "Christmas Around the World" photo challenge at Missionary Moms! There a fun giveaway to go along with the challenge! Come visit the following post to find out more! God bless!

http://formissionarymoms.com/2010/01/02/christmas-around-the-world-photo-challenge-and-giveaway/