Monday, November 02, 2009

Really

I am not so sure our little Pierce truly understands the reality of a new baby entering our family...and our home! Can't say I blame him... I have had my fair share of moments when I have to remind myself that we are really going to have four little boys! That we really are going back to the newborn stage of parenting. That I really won't have to wear "too short in the leg maternity pants that for some unknown reason rarely have pockets" much longer.... That before long we really will be able to hold and know this sweet little baby. It really all is just a little surreal!

But...back to Pierce.... For the past months we have been talking a lot about baby Hudson. He knows his name and we talk and pray openly about him and that he will make Pierce a big brother and all that stuff. But Piersen also knows that this little Hudson creature is inside his Mommy's tummy - no big threat right?! This afternoon I had the baby car seat out - getting it ready to be washed and installed into the car. When Pierce entered the room and saw it his face lit up and he said, "that's my seat". "No, not anymore. Now you are a big boy...that seat is for baby Hudson." Pierce looked up at me with this confused and almost bothered look - as though in slow motion he looked at my tummy and then at the car seat....almost as though it was s-l-o-w-l-y coming together in his mind as to what is about to happen.

I couldn't help but laugh.

This little boy is going to change all of us. Really!

2 comments:

Su said...

Totally off-topic, but I just barely got caught up on reading your blog. I need to come by more often. ;)

Anyway, congratulate Benjy for us on finishing the half-marathon. Chad ran injured earlier in the year, so when I read it to him, he just said, "It must be a man thing." Hee! One of these years we'll come down there & run the Mexico city race.

In the meantime, I hope you enjoy these last few days of being pregnant before your new sweet baby!

Unknown said...

Love it!!! Can't wait to see him too Care!! Blessings!!!