Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Benjy

Yesterday, the 28th, my good husband celebrated 35 years of life. We had a fun family afternoon together. The boys were quite excited that it was Daddy's birthday and tought it was a fine reason to stay home from school....or at least get out early. Neither happened, but we had fun in the afternoon. We went out for a nice birthday meal where we dressed a little nicer....ate steak. Imagine my horror when I lift my head to see our sweet Chase using the mirror on the wall behind him as his art pallet...the buttered bread as the paint brush. Hmmmm - never a dull moment with this child :)

Benjy chose birthday pie instead of birthday cake, and we had a few friends over to enjoy it with him.

My personal highlight (although it wasn't MY birthday, I still enjoyed thinking about the good man I have in my life) was making him a birthday scroll that morning with the boys. We decided to list 35 things we love about him. Reece started us out by writing his very own ideas and sentences...Chase threw in a few ideas...and I finished it up after Reece ran out of steam. It made me realize that the list could be much longer than 35. We are abundantly blessed to have him as our Daddy and husband. Happy birthday Benj!

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Ann said...

Happy Birthday to Benjy! Yummy looking pies. Sounds like you guys had a great day! Blessings, Ann

Timbra said...

Happy Birthday Benji!!! What a blessing to have such a family full of love to celebrate with!!! love the wiist family

Betsy@Living in the Moment said...

Happy Birthday Benj. It was fun talking with you for that short time. Love you guys!

Toni Burns said...

Happy Birthday to Benjy. Sorry we didn't call. It was a crazy day. I did put arnica on her bump right away - as well as vanilla - Have you heard that one? The swelling went down fast but all that blood had to go somewhere so now her eyes are swollen and they are black! She is going with Cory to the states tomorrow!
Sorry I didn't talk to you the other day when you called. I walked in the door from getting Abigail from school and needed to leave to get Josiah. I thought it was Karen (and I knew I needed to talk to her about a bunch of stuff for Hannahs trip) so I just told Cory that I was heading back out the door and couldn't talk. If I had known it was you I would have talked for a few minutes - sorry.
Hope you guys have a good Halloween

Unknown said...

Happy birthday Benjy! I can't believe you're 35, you are so OLD!!!! LOL. Hope your birthday was good. Miss you guys-Beth

Anonymous said...

Carolyn, you better check with your husband cause he thinks he turned 34, at least that's what he told me. Already in denial...Benjy that is.