Monday, September 22, 2008

An Update....

Okay, so I have a bad habit of not sitting down to blog unless I have pictures to post along with my topic. Why? Not sure - I just think it makes the post more exciting....even though I really do enjoy writing. I have a memory card full of pics to download off of my camera...I just haven't got around to doing it. But I am making myself post anyway!

We are doing well. We are settled into the new home. It has been fun (not sure that is the word I would use for every aspect of moving but...) and I can almost declare it as being in a state of organization. Almost. If you know me, I will likely never arrive to the point of making a true and honest declaration of organization. It has always been a struggle of mine (okay stop laughing!). But I have been really working at it - and doing little things that do make a difference. We now have a designated place to hang the keys. This has saved time! I have set up the house in such a way as to not have nearly as many places to stack clutter, etc.. We have a play room/guest room where the kids are responsible to keep it picked up. I feel much better about it all. My washing machine and dryer are still the hardest working appliances in our home, rarely getting a rest. But we work together to stay on top of the laundry situation. And Pierce's room is actually on its way to being really cute - rather than an extra storage space like it was in the last house (poor kid). Our master bedroom is bigger so we have a reading chair in it. And overall, the move has been a good transition for us. We are happy in our new place - even our dogs have much more space, even with some grass in this land of cement!

Biggest thing on my mind these days is my upcoming "get away" to Canada!!!! My little brother is getting married (congrats Todd) and although ticket prices are too outrageous for the whole family to go....we used up our accumulated air miles to get me a free ticket! Little Pierce will go with me as he is still under 2. I will be gone just 1 week. It will be fast and furious. Although I am super excited, I am beginning to feel a little sad at the thought of leaving Reece and Chase and their Daddy. I haven't ever left my boys this long. They are in great hands but I know I will miss all three of them a bunch! Benjy questioned my choice of priority this morning as instead of packing and getting ready I was....hiding a scavenger hunt of clues for the boys while I am away so they can have some fun and know I am thinking of them daily. I am seeing evidence of how much I miss people as I have managed to arrange my short schedule with lots of encounters with good friends who I have not seen in years. It has been a long time for some of these precious friends and I am looking forward to re-connecting. I will see my sis-in-law Bets at my layover in Dallas, will spend the night with Heather in Calgary, a possible lunch date with Bonnie, another night at Tara's house,plans with my childhood friend Jen. And on top of all this - seeing lots and lots of family at the wedding. Should be a crazy but wonderful week. Benjy's brother Burke is coming to Mexico City to visit these guys for a few days - helping to run the household :) He should still be in town when I return.

That's it for now! I will post again soon....maybe with pics the next time :) pray for my travels and my boys!

3 comments:

Jeni McClue said...

Care-
I hope you have a great trip. The boys will enjoy all of their "Daddy days"!

Toni Burns said...

Hope you are having a blast!

Kristi said...

Hi Care,
I'm guessing you're back. I'm sure you had a lot of fun. I understand missing your kids. The preschool said they would love to have Olivia a second day and inside I was screaming at them "ARE YOU CRAZY! What you don't think I WANT to be with my daughter, I only get one day to be alone with her..." and on and on.
I'm sure the boys had fun though.
Love you,
Kristi