Thursday, September 27, 2007

Tag

I guess the blog world plays tag?!?! I just got tagged so in the spirit of fun, I better play :) And... you might just be included in on this fun....read on!

Here are the rules. 1)Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves. (2) People who are tagged need to write a post on their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules. (3) At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. (4) Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

My Randomness...(in no particular order or importance! really!)
1) I have this "thing" about germs. When I enter a public bathroom I have a routine I go through to ensure the little things are as far removed from me as possible. I never use the first few squares of toilet paper - those are discarded for fear of others having had touched them. I do my business, then always flush the toilet with my foot. I exit the stall and then lower some paper towel - then wash my hands thoroughly - use the towel to dry (unless of course someone has already stolen it...or if there is air dryers I never start it with my now-clean hands - I use my elbow or something) - I open the door with the paper towel or if need be the inside of my shirt so as not to touch the door where everyone else who doesn't wash their hands have just touched - toss my towel into the trash can and if I don't score the 2 points I only retrieve it off the floor if time permits and if I don't have to revisit the whole door execution again. Now - I am quite successful at this - the challenge has come in having 2 young boys now potty trained learn the rules. They have heard on many more than one occassion - "ahhh - don't touch that....keep your hands together.....hold on let me open that door, etc.. etc.." I know it has sunk in because I have seen Reece as natural as can be, flush the toilet with his own foot - atta boy!!! Now - Chase is another story!

2)I cannot seem to finish reading a book. I currently have about 4 or 5 half done. This is not because I am not enjoying them - I do - I just face so many interuptions in my life that often time passes and my attention is turned to something new before I finish the first. I do intend to finish them all! Currently in progress: Grace Based Parenting; A New Kind of Christian; Here and Now; Third Culture Kids; etc..

3)I really like to fall asleep on the couch. Not sure why - I remember this from when I was in high school and I haven't outgrown it. There is just something so comfortable about dozing off when you are cozy in your own house, around your family - and I just like to stay in that place. My husband has now given up on even trying to wake me up because I rarely get up and go when this happens...until I have a few hours under my belt and then I head up to bed....but all on my own time ;)

4)I think this is kinda neat - all 3 of our children's names came from our first ever "name list" when we were pregnant the first time. Reece, Chase, Pierce - I like our names (and although I never understood this as a kid when my Mom would mix all 4 of us up - I do it now too - often.) Recently I was telling Chase that I loved him and that he was a special little boy but I began the statement with Reece. He looked at me so strangely and said, "me not Reece, me Chase"

5)Although I love the idea of journaling, I am not very good at it. I have this weird way of wanting to categorize and organize my journaling to the point that I never do it because I don't have the right journal with me at the moment. In the end, this wacky concept has paralyzed me from expressing a lot of my prayers, thoughts,and memories. It kinda bugs me about myself actually. Any suggestions on how to overcome this :)

6)I prefer blogging to other forms of internet pages because I use it as a form of journaling. But - I do have a facebook and have been amazed at how many people I have re-connected with in the past month. Even friends from my AIM field time in Slovakia - very cool!

7)One of my favorite sounds in the world is hearing my kids laugh. Especially the all-out-full-gutted laugh!!! Little Pierce is extremely ticklish so I get a good daily dose of his laugh - very fun. And it never ceases to amaze me how three different people can sound so much the same when they laugh....or even cry for that matter. Amazing.

8)I am running out of interesting things to say here. Hmmm. I have always loved piano music and some day think that I will bite the bullet and take lessons. I have zero ability to play any kind of musical instrument but I think I could learn piano, right?! Maybe don't answer that!


I am choosing to tag the following friends: Toni, Tara, Betsy, Char, Erna, Leah, Charla, Tanya

5 comments:

Tim and/or Wyatt said...

Some very cool things Care. I knew about the couch thing and about the journaling as I often remember you trying to do that in school. Don't know if I'll get to it, but thanks for the tag. Our new number is 374-2347.
Tara

Kristi said...

Hi Care,
Thanks for playing. I did only tag 6 because, well, that's all the friends I have, and if you noticed, most of the people I tagged blog like once a year (Erin, Flee...). But, I honestly like even more what Lisa did. She wrote out her info but then in the spirit of true rebellion didn't even tag anybody! I wish I would've thought of that. But, then I wouldn't have been able to smile reading your info. It makes me happy that I knew a fair amount of it...I guess we're still friends.
I miss you and still Really want to come see you guys,
Kristi

Kristi said...

by the way, what is a "facebook"?

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Carolyn!!! Where do I write all this stuff about myself? Do I create my own blog or do I write it on the wiebesisters blog? I am still pretty illiterate when it comes to computers.
I enjoyed reading yours. Let me know.
Love,
Mom

Su said...

You just solved a minor mystery for me! I wrote once in a journal/blog/something that I knew someone who wanted to organise her journals into different categories of life, and at the time I thought that was odd, but as time has gone on I have come to understand the sentiment. But when I wrote it, I couldn't remember who said it. But it was you! I now clearly remember you saying it-- so clearly, in fact, I have all sorts of details of that evening now doing laps in my head.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Also, Happy Thanksgiving. :)